Programmes

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Subscribe to mailing list

Funding Available for Training | Funded courses

Apprenticeship Levy

The way that apprenticeships are funded by the government in England is changing in spring 2017

How is the funding changing?

Some large employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy but there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers in some way.

All employers operating in the UK, whether you pay the apprenticeship levy or not will experience changes

Please note: The levy will not affect the way you fund training for apprentices who started an apprenticeship programme before 1 May 2017.

From 1st May 2017, some employers will be required to pay for apprenticeships either through the apprenticeship levy or through a co-investment cash contribution.

Levy Payers the Facts:

  • Any UK employer, in any sector, with a PAYE bill of more than £3 million per year is liable to pay the new levy
  • The levy will be 0.5% of the pay bill, paid through PAYE
  • There is an allowance of £15,000 to offset against levy liability
  • Employers will be paid a top-up of 10% of their levy back by the government.

If your payroll is less than £3 million a year, you can still hire apprentices!

Read the current guidance on the apprenticeship levy

Non Levy Payers

If you do not pay the levy, you won't need to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018.  So do not worrry nearer the time we will be able to give you more information and advice available on how to do so.

When the new funding system comes in effect in May 2017, you can take control and choose the:

  • training you'd like your apprentices to receive
  • an approved training provider
  • an assessment organisation

By using the registers available on the apprenticeship service.

Each apprenticeship framework and standard will be allocated to 1 of 15 new funding bands. Employers and providers will agree a price for the apprenticeship up to the cap of the allocated band.  

Payments for training will be made directly to the provider and you will be able to agree a payment schedule and spread it over the duration of the apprenticeship. 

Most employers will be asked to make a 10% contribution to the cost of this training and the government will pay the rest (90%), up to the maximum amount of funding available for that apprenticeship. This is the upper limit of the funding band will cap the maximum price that government will ‘co-invest' towards. 

If you are an employer with less than 50 employees and are recruiting a 16-18-year-old apprentice, you will not be required to make any cash contribution.

Employers will also receive a £1,000 incentive payment, to be paid through the provider, for hiring a 16-18 apprentice.

STRAT - Leonardo Da Vinci Project

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views of the project and does not reflect the views of the European Commission.   

LEONARDO STRAT_TRAINING _Project N° 2013-1-FR1-LEO05-48380

The frequent changes in today's context (consumer's needs, competitors, price of raw materials, legal constraints, CAP changes, sustainable development) leave managers of Very Small Enterprises (VSEs), especially those from the rural and agricultural sector, facing uncertainty and Strategy problems. Thus, the sustainability of the VSEs and their region is challenged. The STRAT-Training project, granted by the LEONARDO DA VINCI programme of the European Union, aims to develop a Strategy to help VSEs respond to this context.

Currently, training organisations in Europe which train advisers working with VSEs do not offer specific training in Strategy. VSE managers also tend to be very wary about applying management techniques and they are therefore left with no structured support to deal with the constantly changing context and to take into account Sustainable Development. Strategy can prepare VSEs to face these different problems. It is the only method for making decisions in the medium term for VSEs. There has been some innovative work in VSE management, but there is no complete Strategy training for VSE managers which brings together the previous work and includes sustainability. Therefore, the partners of STRAT-Training feel that a wider (transnational) level is necessary to share their tools, methods and techniques in order to benefit of each other. Partners want to contribute to a new programme, so that training organisations and Trainers from across Europe may obtain the complete and tested training contents for sustainable Strategy management support for VSEs.
Through the sharing of good practices, partners bring together management tools and the skills for using them, methods for mobilizing trainers, advisers and VSE managers to come to training sessions and a set of behavioural/attitude techniques for working with VSEs. They put particular emphasis on behaviour and attitude: trainers must be able to train advisers with the capacity and behavioural techniques for responding to each individual VSE (as they have different needs, a different context and will react differently).

The following stages take place during the project:
1. Explanation of the aims, utilisation and skills required for each tool, behavioural/attitude technique and mobilisation/marketing method
2. The Trainers apply and test the tools and techniques in real situations with VSEs

3. Evaluation and adaptation of the use of tools and skills by Trainers and their impact for VSE managers
4. The complete STRAT-Training programme will be promoted and disseminated

The outcomes will be:
• Common training content for trainers with material for vocational training (complete training manual)
• Mobilisation methods to attract target groups
• Trainers' practical training experiences
• Qualification of STRAT-Training vocational skills (ECVET)

The transfer includes:
THE TOOL BOX (and skills to use it)
- AVEC® (APCA, France), Which decision is the most relevant for the VSE. AVEC® is a trademark but it will be made available for use by the partners of STRAT-Training.
- Risk Wheel, (DAAS, Denmark). How to asses risks and take caution and action?
- PERFEA, (SupAgro, France). How to help integrate sustainable development into strategic decisions?
MOBILISATION/MARKETING METHODS
- CYPCA, (ACPA, France). What is the real problem? What are the real needs?
- SAFARI, (EFA-Galicia, Spain). Which path to take, create an individual and personalised training itinerary for the VSE
- ICT and web-marketing tools: how to bring people to training sessions, how to demonstrate the necessity of the training programme
BEHAVIOURAL/ATTITUDE TECHNIQUES
The French partners have developed techniques which allow Trainers (and advisers) to react and adapt to the specifications of each VSE

 For more information on this project please contact Academy of Learning on 01279 311492 or email info@academyoflearning.co.uk

 

Funded Training

Funded Training is a fantastic way to help your business grow without having to loosen the purse stings too much.  At present, Academy of Learning can offer you 2 types of funding for training. These are all very different and can benefit your company and your employees is many ways:

Training grants of up to £2,000 to help Essex businesses to grow.

Skills for Economic Growth is a new Essex County Council programme that provides training grants of up to £2,000 to help Essex businesses to grow.

You can pick the course that will give your business the skills it needs to grow.

Essex County Council contributes 70% of the training cost and you just need to contribute the remaining 30% (plus any VAT that may be due). * You will need to apply for the funding stating which course you want.

Criteria Check Overview

Business sectors included:

  • Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Electronics
  • Construction
  • Creative
  • Financial Services
  • Life Sciences
  • Low Carbon & Renewable Energy
  • Offshore Energy & Oil and Gas
  • Technology
  • Transport & Logistics of Business

Company size (SMEs) who employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff members. (If you are part of a group of businesses this must include the total numbers and amounts for the whole group)

Total of state aid (financial assistance from a public source) given to your business be more than EUR 200,000 over the 3-year period ending next 6th April?

Postcodes: Certain postcodes are eligible check with us 01279 311492

Businesses can choose the training that will best meet their needs. To help businesses select the right course training grants have been approved by Essex County Council for the following Academy of Learning courses

Now you can book the training that will give your business the skills it needs to grow and apply for the grant

Apply for your funding then please get in touch call 01279 311492

Apprenticeship provider for East Anglia

Apprenticeships 

Employers apprenticeships are aimed at existing staff of all levels and young school leavers. 16-18 year olds are fully funded and 19+ are co funded.  The AGE grant is available for small businesses that take on apprenticeships for the first time and that meet the criteria.

read more...